Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... at my house


 Ok this is last year's tree, I admit it.
I find it quite weird, my living room has boxes in all the corners and we're not moving. The wrapping paper is down from the attic. And it is October. Halloween hasn't even happened yet (and if I'm waiting for trick or treaters here on my street in Switzerland I will be waiting a LONG time!) and I have the Christmas ribbon out. 
I need to send my packages with 8 weeks shipping time to get there for Christmas. This is my mantra.
You see some of you are natural package and letter senders. You have a wonderful self reminder for birthdays, births, anniversaries, Christmas, Hanukkah and all those other holidays. I am not one of those types. I have to make a very conscious effort and put all my mental energy into getting the simplest of letters to the post box that is a two minute walk from my door.
This also means that when I get a letter or package that I feel like the sender has also put this much effort into the sending and I feel very loved.
But to make this a vicious cycle I then feel like I need to reciprocate.


For a completely different random thought from me here's a cute little Naenae story.

Naenae has been learning about feelings lately and asking questions. She asks me a few times each day if I'm happy, and tells me a few times each day that she is happy.
So here was our conversation:
Naenae: "Mommy, you happy?"
Me: "Yes. You know what makes me happy?"
Naenae: "Naenae"
Me: "And who else?"
Naenae: "Dre"
Me: "That's right, but you know who makes me the most happy, Jesus."
Naenae: "NO, NOT JESUS, NAENAE! NOT JESUS! NAENAE!"
I'm not sure if just using caps quite captures how adamant and loud she was. 

Aren't they supposed to start thinking they're God in their teen years??

And to finish off this post my fave pic so far of my guys.
Daddy and Dre both smiling at their favorite girl... ME!

No comments: