Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Mushroom

Doesn't this look like a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon??

It was! We walked into the woods, gathered wood, well Rudy and Naenae did, built a fire and roasted some apples.
Dre was hanging out with me by the fire and Naenae was allowed to go and explore in the forest.
Then we hear "Daddy, Daddy, come!"
To give a little background, my hubby really likes mushrooms and is a wee bit obsessed with finding them in the forest. He has been teaching Naenae about mushrooms and how to just look, only touch with a stick, and NEVER eat them.
Back to the story.
Rudy goes to find Naenae talks to her for a little bit and comes back to sit by the fire with me.
He tells me that she found a mushroom and she wanted him to see it. So, he took pictures of it for me to see too. He shows me the first picture and I say that it is a very nice looking mushroom (which is as much enthusiasm as I give for mushrooms), then he clicks to the next picture and says he took it to be a frame of reference for the size of the mushroom. Now we are both laughing.































So this is picture No.1














and this is picture No.2














This is my explorer and her ginormous mushroom.




















Here is a random pic of our always happy Dre!














And our little tattoo artist Naenae

No comments: