Friday, December 10, 2010

Welcome, come on in.

 Welcome to my house!
We're decorated for Christmas and ready for visitors.
No wreath on the door this year.... our landlord just put in new doors (BIG money) and I don't want to test his kindness by driving a nail in the middle of it just yet.
There are cute silver snowflakes in those glass vases, you just can't see them in the pic.
.

Turning and on our way into the living room.
 
This is the new nativity that I gave Rudy as a Christmas gift 
(but if you don't give it early it just has to be packed away until next year!)

The living room. Little People Nativity. Last week all the wise men were worshiping the basket of fruit and baby Jesus was under the chair. Poor baby Jesus. But probably the most attention the fruit will ever get.
The kitchen. I had a bird in my kitchen on this branch the day after I put it up. Thank goodness he was scared and flew out as I walked in. I hate birds. Our favorite santa is on the counter.
Before
After

Danae took a picture of her colouring, I coloured the turban and Mary's green dress.

Dre with gipfelli (croissant) on his mouth. But Danae still took his picture, and it still looks cute.

And back to her hard work. See that snow! It's back. It was gone for 3 days but it is coming down in big pretty flakes again. 



 The weekend is almost here!!!! 
Rudy is bringing home pizza tonight and he is not on call. 
Two beautiful things.

3 comments:

Chris Eigenheer said...

wow, your place looks gorgeous! I love that you update your blog more frequently; it makes me feel like i'm a part of your lives. enjoy this xmas season (and don't forget: you should not take santa out of xmas :)...this is my brother in law's favorite quote)...

Ursi said...

Sarah, I am very impressed with how clean your house looks. We're thinking of putting up our Christmas tree this weekend. We'll see how the girls do. We'll set it up in our "sunroom" so we can see it from the living room, but have the option to close the French doors if we need to keep the tree (and the kids) safe. We'll see how it goes.
I totally agree with Chris, LOVE the more frequent updates.

mel said...

i love your house! i saw a pic of a tree branch over a table with decorations hanging down and i LOVED it! i could go on and on :) you got style girl :)