Wednesday, August 24, 2011

1st day of kindsgi

DSC01519DSC01520DSC01524DSC01526DSC01527DSC01530
DSC01533DSC01534DSC01532

1st day of kindsgi, a set on Flickr.

So, I am the proud mama of a wonderful student! She left on the bus waving happily. That was on Monday afternoon. Tuesday she had a full day, and was SO excited that on TWOsday she gets to go two times. My apprehension was for nothing. I feared that language would make her nervous. But no. My girl is a trooper.
The first year kindergarteners are the caterpillars (raupli) and the second year kids are the butterflies (schmetterling). They are all in the same class, except the 2nd years go 2 full days a week instead of one.
Her class has about 20 kids. that is considered a large class here. there are a lot of houses being built in both Andelfingen and Kleinandelfingen and they just didn't realize how many kids there would be. the swiss weren't prepared. this just strikes me as funny. they know when the frogs are going to cross the road in the spring (seriously) but they didn't figure that new houses meant kids.

Dre has been having a few days of adjustment. This is the most time he has spent without his sister.
Yesterday when she came home for lunch he asked "You have good time at kindsgi?" SO cute.

We have all had a cold in the last week, mine just decided to linger a bit. I sound like a man and look like a ghost. sexy.
When the fam wanted dinner tonight I told them I hadn't made anything. My children just didn't comprehend this. I always make dinner. Always. Tonight I said "Have some cereal and a yogurt." yup. I'm sick.

1 comment:

Chris Eigenheer said...

congrats. wow the memories! so proud of danae! and you guys too! love, chris