Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Coolest Place on Earth




The coolest place on earth.
  
aka. Danae's playgroup room.
 This space was painted black and used as a youth drop in when my hubby was young. 
I think it is much nicer like this.


Fasnacht 2010!!
It's a parade to scare away winter.
I think it is to help keep the winter blues at bay, 
and a great excuse for the conservative Swiss to let their hair down.
Well actually to cover it up with wigs and masks.
 

I'm the terribly scary cat.
Danae is an all weather witch,
you know one with rain/wind pants and coat.

Guggemusik.
These bands are a big deal here.
There was about 20 of them in the parade.
Cool make-up, costumes,
and of course 80's music.
Nothing like Brian Adams on a xylophone.
All the witches gave out candy.
My cutie-pie made out like a bandit!!
 We kept this cutie behind bars.
He loved it, 
you just can't tell here.
The wind was crazy.
It was like being in a confetti tornado.
Which we brought home to the livingroom in our clothes.
 Now this is just pure awesomeness
Complete stranger that I made Rudy photograph.
And the guy proudly posed for us.
All the silver 'dots' are actually bells.
Again, pure awesomeness.
 
 

2 comments:

Cheri said...

ooo...I didn't know you blogged. Looking forward to reading about all your adventures. :-)

Your Favorite Rocksnob said...

1) the Blue Spiderman hat is awesome!!!
2) I want his mink pants. All the animal cruelty in the world is worth it.