Friday, March 19, 2010

The Week In Pictures

I haven't been on in a few days and I figured that pictures being worth a thousand words this would make up for it.
Dre figured out how to climb a few things...

Like into the couch/storage. I asked NaeNae how he got in there, if she had helped him and the answer was "No Mommy, he just climbed in." Like he has done this every day of his life.

Up the stairs. The concrete stairs. I want to hold his teeth every time he climbs them.

We went to one of our favorite places, Ernst's holiday house in Schwanden. NaeNae had been asking to go on a daily basis for about a month and we decided she was onto something. We needed a little getaway.
And this is always a wonderful view.

Poor Naenae ended up having a terrible runny nose while we were there, but we still had some low key fun.
On the way home NaeNae was keeping Dre entertained...
She told me to turn around and look at her, she was keeping me entertained too!
Now it's Dre's turn to join in the fun.
It all starts with one sticker Dre, be careful or...


It will spin out of control.

It was comical, he was wearing one boot, the other foot completely bare and covered in stickers.
Monday was a trying day at my house. We all made it through alive but just barely.
We still had some fun. Both the kids were laughing at me wearing these...
NaeNae was laughing and then ran to get the camera saying "I'm going to take your picture Mommy." 
Like we've done to her a thousand times.
Then she took a few more
 I'm missing my head and Dre is desperately trying to remain decent.

With Spring in the air I feel more compelled to be outside than on my computer!
And my neighbor's kids feel more compelled to be on my patio then theirs.
Yesterday they brought their snacks over and ate them on my patio... while we were still inside. 
Then they pressed their faces up against my window to get a closer look at what we were doing, when we moved to a different room they just moved to a different window.
This weekend we are putting up a fence with a gate with a very good latch. 
Good fences make for good neighbors. 
They are actually extremely good neighbors and have been so good to us, I shouldn't complain (but I just did!!). 
I get to feeling like I live in a cage when our apartment is small and there is not a room where we can go and they can't peek in the windows. 
And the sunlight is so nice that it seems a shame to have the curtains drawn all the time.

I read a devotional this week and it made me think. 
God loves us because he wants to.  
My thought is:
Who do we love because we want to, 
with no other reasons or motives. 
They don't have to prove or earn anything, 
to give us anything.
Hmmm.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Your kids are so cute!