Monday, March 22, 2010

Why do Mondays have more hours than all the other days?

Mondays at my house are always L-O-N-G.
It's the day that we all have to adjust back to weekday routine, the day Rudy works from 8am to 9:30pm, the day that I get up at 6:15am to fold the laundry (because I have to have it out of the drying room for the next person to use).
And normally by this time, 8:36am, I am already dreading this terrible day.
BUT not today. Today it is sunny and spring is in the air.
And that makes me feel like I can accomplish everything (ask me this again at 8pm tonight!)

We had a great weekend at our house. Rudy spent Saturday chopping down the huge laurel bush and getting started on building the fence. He was in man-job heaven. My man is a man who needs something to build, dig, chop, demolish, to be well balanced. And NaeNae was outside to help him with it (along with the 5 neighbour kids)
He told me he was going to trim it down. 
I didn't realize he meant down to nothing!

Rudy also got a new toy this weekend. A table saw. 
Dre was right in there helping Daddy to put it together.
I told Rudy we could use it as a playpen. 
How redneck resourceful of me!?!

Yesterday we went to the pastor's house for lunch. And we had a great time! Both Rudy and I left feeling like we would love to visit with them again. 
One of the things that we talked about is boundaries in ministry. This is actually a very important issue for Rudy and I to have in a pastor and church. We both feel strongly that we do not want to be part of a church that has unrealistic expectations of their pastor, you know, the kind where they have a string of burnt out pastors in their history. And we would really like to have a pastor who is confident and strong enough to say 'No'.
We were thoroughly impressed at the pastor's ability to set boundaries to protect himself and his family. 
Whoot, whoot to the pastor!
The church will be having an info night soon and then Rudy and I can get more info on the history, beliefs and vision for the church.
We have never been members of a church and I'm really praying that it's time to grow roots (among other things) and commit.
My kidlets are sleeping, so I must go and wash the other half of my floor. 
Maybe.

5 comments:

mel said...

i see so much of nate in dre, mercy! chris is going to be drooling over that sweet table saw, chris wanted a new one awhile back but i put my foot down (not really) and said NO. i love how dre is all over rudy as he's working away. so cute!
do tell where you got your curtains. i love them...not that i narrowed in on that or anything...please don't say ikea. i don't have one close so i can't get them. i love them...i thinks we have the same taste, the red chair, the black couches etc...anways...enough ramblings...

Cheri said...

Your bush looks a little like our tree in the front lawn. Hubby hacked all the diseased limbs off hoping it'll grow back normal. We'll see.

Mrs. Lockett said...

hey sarah, I just started a blog. On my honeymoon. Aren't we romantic! Send you pics soon!

Your Favorite Rocksnob said...

Well she'll send you pics...but not of our honeymoon ;)

Your Favorite Rocksnob said...

SO i think you should update your blog title to Swiss family never update my friggin blog